2. The Flipped Classroom Model is an ideology, not a methodology.
3. Commit to do what is best for YOUR students.
4. Don't make podcasts longer than 20 minutes!
5. Establish a culture of learning for mastery BEFORE flipping your class.
6. MASTER Teachers teach for mastery.
7. We will need to retrain students to acquire LEARNING rather than acquiring points.
8. Teach students to self-advocate.
9. Time spent in class must allow students to A) Explore, B) Explain, or C) Create -- get them interacting with your content! (It's not about finishing the packet).
10. Be intentional! Everything we do MUST have a purpose. We don't have time for busywork.
11. Use new ideas to do something new in a new way -- don't just use technology to do the same old thing the same old way, but faster.
12. Teach students to Think, Collaborate, and Solve Problems. These 21st Century Skills are essential; your content [chemistry] is secondary.
13. Give students a VOICE and a CHOICE.
14. Don't use the tool for the sake of using the tool -- use it because it's the right one for the job.